Bring your kids to the Zoo so that they can have special and unique holidays! They will make new friends and together will learn new things.
The Zoo Camps are a unique option for educational fun that brings the world of animals to youth and kids, and foster respect for biodiversity and the environment.
Days: Wednesday to Friday
Times: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm (without lunch) or 9.00 am to 4.30 pm (with lunch)
Ages: 5 to 13 years old
Registrations starting on 13 November
Informational meetings on Christmas Camps:
Tuesday, 12 December at 6.30 pm
Tuesday, 19 December at 6.30 pm
What do we do?
At this camp, boys and girls will learn through participation and fun about the daily lives of the animals and the people who take care of them. Every day there will be a new and different topic on the Zoo: where the animals are from, what they eat, what their relationships are like and everything their caretakers and veterinarians do to ensure their wellbeing. Boys and girls will also visit their sleeping lairs, watch and help the caretakers to prepare the animals’ meals, enrichment activities and other tasks, up close and personal with the animals. The Zoo as you’ve never seen it before!
Children will also have the option to draw the animals that they see, participate in educational games and do craft activities to take away a great souvenir of their day at the Zoo, always accompanied by Zoo educators, all professionals in the field of natural sciences and with extensive experience in teaching and fun, as well as being very responsible and engaging!
3 day camp without lunch:
Zoo Club members: € 81.00
Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 72.00
Not members of Zoo Club: € 87.00
Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 81.00
3 day camp with lunch included: (9.00 am to 4.30 pm)
Zoo Club members: € 126.00
Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 114.00
Not members of Zoo Club: € 141.00
Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 126.00
We have a babysitting service that includes entry one hour before the start of camp (8.00 am to 9.00 am). Price: € 4.55/hour (limited spaces)
8.00 to 9.00 am – Crèche service for those who booked it in advance
8.50 – Department of Education doors open
9.00 – Start of camp and presentation of the daily activities
9.00 am to 12.30 pm – Activities with Zoo animals, variable depending on the day and topic. There will be a snack time break between activities.
12.30 to 13.30 - Lunch
1.00 pm – End of morning camp
1.30 to 2.30 pm – Game time
2.30 to 4.20 pm – Working in the classroom: crafts, drawing, group dynamics…
4.20 pm – The Department of Education doors are opened. Pick up the boys and girls
What to bring!
Boys and girls should wear comfortable clothing suitable for the time of year. We recommend that they bring a change of clothes. In summer, they should bring a swim costume, sandals and a towel, as-–weather permitting—they can have a swim during break time.
Children should not bring valuable items like mobile phones, videogames, cameras, money, etc.
From around 10 to 10.30 am, we take a short break and, if you like, you can give your children a light snack for this time.
Documents required to register
After registering, you must bring this documentation to the Zoo Department of Education:
- Registration and authorisation form signed by the child’s mother, father or legal guardian
- Photocopy of the large family card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Zoo Club membership card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of disability certificate (if applicable)
All of these documents must be brought for each of your children.
- Children must enter and exit through the door of the Zoo Department of Education at Passeig de Circumval·lació 3 in Barcelona
- On the first day the kids will be given a list when they arrive to give to parents with the name of their educator and the classroom where they will be during the camp. On the following days you can go directly to the classroom both for dropping off and picking up the kids. It is extremely important for you to tell the camp manager or educator if your child will be picked up by a specific person.
- The Zoo has a doctor on hand after 10 am, who will handle any medical incident that could arise.
- Lunch is cooked at the Zoo kitchens and served at approximately 12.30 pm at one of the restaurants on the grounds. If your child must follow a special diet or has any type of allergy, please make sure you write this down on the registration form. You can check the menu here.
- If your child must be given any medication, an authorisation form must be completed.
- Mothers/fathers who would like further information on the activities at the Zoo camps or on the adaptation of your child can talk to the educator of your child’s group or the manager of the camps whenever you would like. The best time is at 9 am or at 4 pm.
- Some of the programme's activities may be suspended or have the day changed for causes related to handling the animals.
Department of Education
From Monday to Thursday from 9:00am to 02:00pm and from 03:00pm to 04:30pm. Friday from 09:00am to 01:30pm
T. 932 256 787