Bring your kids to the Zoo so that they can have special and unique holidays! They will make new friends and together will learn new things.
The Zoo Camps are a unique option for educational fun that brings the world of animals to youth and kids, and foster respect for biodiversity and the environment.
Days: Monday to Thursday
Times: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm (without lunch) or 9.00 am to 4.30 pm (with lunch)
Ages: 5 to 13 years old
Registrations starting on 5 February
Tuesday, 6 March at 6.30 pm
Tuesday, 13 March at 6.30 pm
What do we do?
With the coming of spring, there is an explosion of light and colours in nature, and also at the Zoo. We can watch the first flowers appear, which are part of the rich botanical life at the Zoo and we will learn about the important work that bees do, responsible for pollinizing flowers, and their contribution to the conservation and reproduction of plants.
We will also discover other spectacular invertebrates that are in nature, and we will welcome in all the mammals, birds and reptiles that have been born at the Zoo.
The boys and girls who participate in the camp will become the true ‘guardians of nature’ and will start working for the habitats and for the animals that live in nature. They will also learn about what the Zoo does to contribute to their conservation, and will spend a few splendid days with its animals and educators.
Every day will bring different surprises, with time to visit lots of places in the Zoo, see how the caretakers prepare the food for the animals and take care of them, and even help with some of these tasks, right next to the animals. And there is no lack of times for playing, games and crafts to take home a special souvenir of an unforgettable week, always accompanied by the Zoo educators, all of whom are professionals in the field of natural science and with a lot of experience in educational and leisure tasks, who are both responsible and a lot of fun!
4 day camp without lunch:
Zoo Club members: € 108.00
Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 96.00
Not members of Zoo Club: € 116.00
Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 108.00
4 day camp with lunch included:: (09.00 a 16.30)
Zoo Club members: € 168.00
Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 152.00
Not members of Zoo Club: € 188.00
Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 168.00
We have a babysitting service that includes entry one hour before the start of camp (8.00 am to 9.00 am). Price: € 4.55/hour (limited spaces)
8.00 to 9.00 am – Crèche service for those who booked it in advance
8.50 – Department of Education doors open
9.00 – Start of camp and presentation of the daily activities
9.00 am to 12.30 pm – Activities with Zoo animals, variable depending on the day and topic. There will be a snack time break between activities.
12.30 to 13.30 - Lunch
1.00 pm – End of morning camp
1.30 to 2.30 pm – Game time
2.30 to 4.20 pm – Working in the classroom: crafts, drawing, group dynamics…
4.20 pm – The Department of Education doors are opened. Pick up the boys and girls
What to bring!
Boys and girls should wear comfortable clothing suitable for the time of year. We recommend that they bring a change of clothes. In summer, they should bring a swim costume, sandals and a towel, as-–weather permitting—they can have a swim during break time.
Children should not bring valuable items like mobile phones, videogames, cameras, money, etc.
From around 10 to 10.30 am, we take a short break and, if you like, you can give your children a light snack for this time.
Documents required to register
After registering, you must bring this documentation to the Zoo Department of Education:
- Registration and authorisation form signed by the child’s mother, father or legal guardian
- Photocopy of the large family card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Zoo Club membership card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of disability certificate (if applicable)
All of these documents must be brought for each of your children.
- Children must enter and exit through the door of the Zoo Department of Education at Passeig de Circumval·lació 3 in Barcelona
- On the first day the kids will be given a list when they arrive to give to parents with the name of their educator and the classroom where they will be during the camp. On the following days you can go directly to the classroom both for dropping off and picking up the kids. It is extremely important for you to tell the camp manager or educator if your child will be picked up by a specific person.
- The Zoo has a doctor on hand after 10 am, who will handle any medical incident that could arise.
- Lunch is cooked at the Zoo kitchens and served at approximately 12.30 pm at one of the restaurants on the grounds. If your child must follow a special diet or has any type of allergy, please make sure you write this down on the registration form.
- If your child must be given any medication, an authorisation form must be completed.
- Mothers/fathers who would like further information on the activities at the Zoo camps or on the adaptation of your child can talk to the educator of your child’s group or the manager of the camps whenever you would like. The best time is at 9 am or at 4 pm.
- Some of the programme's activities may be suspended or have the day changed for causes related to handling the animals.
Department of Education
From Monday to Thursday from 9:00am to 02:00pm and from 03:00pm to 04:30pm. Friday from 09:00am to 01:30pm
T. 932 256 787