Spring Day Camp
Bring your kids to the Zoo so that they can have special and unique holidays! They will make new friends and together will learn new things.
The Zoo Camps are a unique option for educational fun that brings the world of animals to youth and kids, and foster respect for biodiversity and the environment.
Days: Monday to Thursday
Times: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm (without lunch) or 9.00 am to 4.30 pm (with lunch)
Ages: 5 to 16 years old
What do we do?
Spring is coming, the burst of light and color is coming to nature and the Zoo. We will be able to observe the appearance of the first flowers that are part of the rich botanical life of the Zoo and we will learn what relationships are established between animals and plants. We will welcome all mammals, birds and reptiles born at the Zoo.
The boys and girls who participate in the camp will become the true ‘guardians of nature’ and will start working for the habitats and for the animals that live in nature. They will also learn about what the Zoo does to contribute to their conservation, and will spend a few splendid days with its animals and educators. Every day will bring different surprises, with time to visit lots of places in the Zoo, see how the caretakers prepare the food for the animals and take care of them, and even help with some of these tasks, right next to the animals. And there is no lack of times for playing, games and crafts to take home a special souvenir of an unforgettable week, always accompanied by the Zoo educators, all of whom are professionals in the field of natural science and with a lot of experience in educational and leisure tasks, who are both responsible and a lot of fun!
Come and discover with us the wonderful world of the Zoo with our Spring House and be part of the team of Nature's guardians.
4 day camp without lunch:
- Zoo Club members: € 108
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 96
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 116
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 108
4 day camp with lunch included:
- Zoo Club members: € 168
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 152
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 188
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 168
We have a babysitting service that includes entry one hour before the start of camp (8.00 am to 9.00 am). Price: € 4.55/hour (limited spaces)
Documents required to register
After registering, you must bring this documentation to the Zoo Department of Education:
- Registration and authorisation form signed by the child’s mother, father or legal guardian
- Photocopy of the large family card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Zoo Club membership card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of disability certificate (if applicable)
- Medical report for the catering service if your child suffers from any food intolerance or allergy email@example.com. (Only if they have lunch at the zoo's holiday camp)
- All of these documents must be brought for each of your children.
- You need to bring all the documentation for each one of your children.
- It is mandatory to arrive at least 10 days before the start of the house all the documentation through the form.
- The signed original documentation must be delivered at the very same day of the camp.
- In the event that all the documentation is not delivered within the indicated periods, the pre-reservation will be canceled automatically.
8.00 to 9.00 am – Crèche service for those who booked it in advance
8.50 – Department of Education doors open
9.00 – Start of camp and presentation of the daily activities
9.00 am to 12.30 pm – Activities with Zoo animals, variable depending on the day and topic. There will be a snack time break between activities.
1.00 to 2.00 pm - Lunch
1.00 pm – Exit of morning camp participants
2.00 to 3.00 pm – Game time
3.00 to 4.20 pm – Different activities and group dynamics.
4.20 - 4.30 pm – The Department of Education doors are opened. Pick up the boys and girls
What to bring!
Boys and girls should wear comfortable clothing suitable for the time of year. We recommend that they bring a change of clothes, a cap, and that sun protection is applied at home (although there are many shady places in the Zoo, they will not always be sheltered from the sun). In summer, they should bring a swim costume, sandals and a towel, as-–weather permitting—they can have a swim during break time.
Children should not bring valuable items like mobile phones, videogames, cameras, money, etc.
From around 10:00 am, we take a short break and, if you like, you can give your children a light snack for this time.
- Children must enter and exit through the door of the Zoo Department of Education at Passeig de Circumval·lació 3 in Barcelona
- On the first day the kids will be given a list when they arrive to give to parents/responsible persons with the name of their educator and the classroom where they will be during the camp. On the following days you can go directly to the classroom both for dropping off and picking up the kids. It is extremely important for you to tell the camp manager or educator on the first day if the participant will be picked up by other persons and provide their names and identity card numbers.
- The Zoo has a doctor on hand after 10 am, who will handle any medical incident that could arise.
- Lunch will be served at about 1 pm at one of the zoo’s restaurants. If your child has to follow a special diet or has some sort of allergy or intolerance, don’t forget to note it down on the registration form and email a medical report to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining the problem so the catering service can deal with it, at least 10 days before the zoo's holiday camp starts.
- If the participant must be given any medication, an authorisation form must be completed so that the Medical Service can administer it.
- Some of the programme's activities may be suspended or have the day changed for causes related to handling the animals.
Do you have questions?
For more information, fill out the form below and we will contact you.