Caretakers and Veterinarians
Bring your kids to the Zoo so that they can have special and unique holidays! They will make new friends and together will learn new things.
The Zoo Camps are a unique option for educational fun that brings the world of animals to youth and kids, and foster respect for biodiversity and the environment.
Days: Monday to Friday
Times: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm (without lunch) or 9.00 am to 4.30 pm (with lunch)
Ages: 5 to 16 years old
Registrations starting on May 6:
Tuesday, May 28, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 6, 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 18, 6:30 p.m.
What do we do?
The wellbeing of the species that call our Zoo and park home is guaranteed with the collaboration and excellent work done by two extremely important professional profiles at the Zoo, caretakers and the veterinary personnel, responsible on a daily basis for the health of all of the animals.
During this camp, boys and girls will become familiar with the responsibilities and daily tasks of these Zoo employees, will learn about the needs of the species that live in the Zoo and park, as well as what we do to make sure they are sheltered at all times. Together we will handle essential topics related to animal wellbeing like food, cleaning their facilities and veterinary check-ups, among many other tasks.
Every day will bring different surprises, with time to visit lots of places in the Zoo, see how the caretakers prepare the food for the animals and take care of them, and even help with some of these tasks, right next to the animals. And there is no lack of times for playing, games and crafts to take home a special souvenir of an unforgettable week, always accompanied by the Zoo educators, all of whom are professionals in the field of natural sciences and with a lot of experience in educational and leisure tasks.
5 day camp without lunch:
- Zoo Club members: € 135
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 120
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 145
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 135
5 day camp with lunch included:
- Zoo Club members: € 210
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 190
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 235
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 210
Special promotions (Not to be combined with other discounts):
For 2 holiday camps or 2 brothers: 5% additional discount
For 3 brothers or more: 10% additional discount
We have a babysitting service that includes entry one hour before the start of camp (8.00 am to 9.00 am). Price: € 4.55/hour (limited spaces)
8.00 to 9.00 am – Crèche service for those who booked it in advance
8.50 – Department of Education doors open
9.00 – Start of camp and presentation of the daily activities
9.00 am to 12.30 pm – Activities with Zoo animals, variable depending on the day and topic. There will be a snack time break between activities.
1.00 to 2.00 pm - Lunch
1.00 pm – Exit of morning camp participants
2.00 to 3.00 pm – Game time
3.00 to 4.20 pm – Different activities and group dynamics.
4.20 - 4.30 pm – The Department of Education doors are opened. Pick up the boys and girls
What to bring!
Boys and girls should wear comfortable clothing suitable for the time of year. We recommend that they bring a change of clothes, a cap, and that sun protection is applied at home (although there are many shady places in the Zoo, they will not always be sheltered from the sun). In summer, they should bring a swim costume, sandals and a towel, as-–weather permitting—they can have a swim during break time.
Children should not bring valuable items like mobile phones, videogames, cameras, money, etc.
From around 10 to 10.30 am, we take a short break and, if you like, you can give your children a light snack for this time.
Documents required to register
After registering, you must bring this documentation to the Zoo Department of Education:
- Registration and authorisation form signed by the child’s mother, father or legal guardian
- Photocopy of the large family card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Zoo Club membership card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of disability certificate (if applicable)
- Medical report for the catering service if your child suffers from any food intolerance or allergy firstname.lastname@example.org. (Only if they have lunch at the zoo's holiday camp)
- All of these documents must be brought for each of your children.
- You need to bring all the documentation for each one of your children.
- It is mandatory to send by email (email@example.com), no later than 10 days before the start of the whole house the documentation.
- The signed original documentation must be delivered at the very same day of the camp.
- In the event that all the documentation is not delivered within the indicated periods, the pre-reservation will be canceled automatically.
- Children must enter and exit through the door of the Zoo Department of Education at Passeig de Circumval·lació 3 in Barcelona
- On the first day the kids will be given a list when they arrive to give to parents/responsible persons with the name of their educator and the classroom where they will be during the camp. On the following days you can go directly to the classroom both for dropping off and picking up the kids. It is extremely important for you to tell the camp manager or educator on the first day if the participant will be picked up by other persons and provide their names and identity card numbers.
- The Zoo has a doctor on hand after 10 am, who will handle any medical incident that could arise.
- Lunch will be served at about 1 pm at one of the zoo’s restaurants. If your child has to follow a special diet or has some sort of allergy or intolerance, don’t forget to note it down on the registration form and email a medical report to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining the problem so the catering service can deal with it, at least 10 days before the zoo's holiday camp starts.
- If the participant must be given any medication, an authorisation form must be completed so that the Medical Service can administer it.
- Participant responsibles who would like further information on the activities at the Zoo camps or on the adaptation of the participants can talk to the educator of their group or the manager of the camps whenever they like. The best time is at 9 am or at 4.20 pm.
- Some of the programme's activities may be suspended or have the day changed for causes related to handling the animals.
Information and bookings
Department of Education
From Monday to Friday from 09:00 at 14:00
Monday and Wednesday of 15:00 at 16:30
T. 932 256 787