It gives us great satisfaction and confidence to be able to announce that we have obtained two certificates that testify to the safety of our space in the context of the Coronavirus pandemic: the Global Safe Site certificate and the Safe Tourism Certified seal
The Global Safe Site certificate guarantees correct implementation of the disease-prevention procedures for hygiene, cleaning and disinfection required in the face of the health crisis, and the Zoo has obtained it at the Excellence level.
The Safe Tourism Certified seal is an initiative from Spain’s Institute for Tourism Quality (ICTE), which awards distinctions to tourist spaces that have successfully launched a system for preventing specific Coronavirus risks. We aimed to work fast to ensure maximum safety for our visitors and we are the first zoo in the Spanish State to receive this distinction!
These are a few of the measures we have taken:
– Extra cleaning and disinfection throughout the zoo, putting special emphasis on susceptible areas, such as our toilets, using officially approved products.
– Personalised hydro-alcoholic gel distribution points throughout the grounds.
– Reduced visitor capacity throughout the zoo, especially in enclosed spaces, and incentives for early bookings for faster access to the grounds.
– Redesigned public flows in enclosed spaces and increased distances between groups in picnic areas.
– Specific signposting to ensure social distancing and to prevent contact with common elements such as glass windows and hand rails.
– Special measures for summer camps: smaller groups and exclusive eating areas, among other things.
The two certification processes were carried out by the Bureau Veritas, a world leader in inspecting, certifying and testing, which has audited the various spaces to ensure that the Zoo satisfies the current health requirements as strictly as possible, and to guarantee maximum safety for its staff and visitors.
These initiatives come from the BCN Safe City project, whose goal is to ensure compliance with the necessary hygiene and health measures for offering confidence and safety to users of the city's various spaces.