Tickets and subscriptions
Come to find out about the animals at the Zoo close up and enjoy a day filled with exciting experiences.
Buy now your ticket on-line with a 10% off!
Do people with functional diversity receive any type of discount?
The ticket price for people with a functional diversity is € 5.65. To qualify for this form of ticket, you must be able to provide evidence of a minimum of 33% degree of disability by showing the degree of disability certificate and/or card accrediting the disability. It includes free entrance for a companion for disabled people who require assistance, providing they meet the “status of companion” requirements (*)
(*) Status of companion. The only valid documentation is as follows: a) Ruling of the ICASS or of the appropriate Autonomous Community; b) Card accrediting the disability of over 33% of each Autonomous Community where the need for a companion is shown.
Do large families receive any type of discount?
When you present your large-family card at the ticket offices, a 20% discount is applied to the ticket price.
Do single-parent families receive any type of discount?
When you present your single-parent family card at the ticket offices, a 20% discount is applied to the ticket price.
Can I come into the Zoo with my pet?
You cannot enter the Zoo with any type of domestic animal, except for guide dogs with the appropriate health permit, as they are specially trained animals and this is required by current legislation in force. Remember that the presence of dogs or other animals can make the Zoo animals nervous and stressed.
Can I bring food and drink from outside into the Zoo complex?
Yes. You can bring food and drink into the Zoo. There are several picnic areas that can be freely used on the grounds. We ask that you remember to collect all your trash and to use the recycling containers. Remember that it is totally prohibited to give food to the animals!
Can I come into the Zoo with bicycles or on skates?
For the safety of our other visitors, the entry of bicycles, skates and scooters are totally prohibited. There are parking areas for bicycles in front of the entrances.
Is the Zoo wheelchair accessible?
The grounds are equipped with ramps or, in the case of the Aquarama, a platform lift for the exclusive use of those in wheelchairs.
Can I leave the Zoo and come back later?
You cannot leave the Zoo and come back in without buying another ticket.
What days is the Zoo closed?
The Zoo is open every day of the year. It is only closed in the afternoon on Christmas day. For further information, please consult the Opening Hours section.
Can we swim with the dolphins?
It is prohibited to swim with the dolphins, as it could cause them stress and this could have consequences on their health. Touching and direct contact with the dolphins is not permitted either.
Can I pet or touch any of the baby animals?
It is totally prohibited to touch any baby animal, as this could alter their behaviour and even cause health problems. It is not permitted to touch adult animals either.
Can the Zoo take my pet if I can no longer keep it?
We do not receive people's animals at the Zoo, whether they are domestic or wild. The animals at the Zoo always arrive through exchanges and transfers from other zoological institutions.
If you are faced with the need to put an animal up for adoption, you can request information from the Animal Protection Centre of the Government of Catalonia, by ringing 93 567 08 15.
What annual payments can I choose?
There are different annual installments available, consult the one that best suits you:
- Family (*), for the couple and children under age. Annual fee € 94.05 and registration fee € 24.
- Individual (*), from the age of 26. Annual fee € 43.90 and registration fee € 24.
- Teens, for young people between 14 and 25 years old. Annual fee € 25 and no registration fee.
- Family XL (*), for the couple and the children + 1 additional member. Annual fee € 119.05 and registration fee € 24.
- Single-parent Family, for the father / mother and the children under age, only for owners of the one-parent family card. Annual fee € 60 and no registration fee.
- Silver, for 2 grandparents and 4 grandchildren / mins. And add up to 10 net / s for a child supplement. Annual fee € 60 and no registration fee.
- Apropa, for families with 1 or more members with an accredited disability of more than 33%. Annual fee € 60 and no registration fee.
How can I become a member of the Zoo Club?
You can become a member of the Zoo Club in two ways:
- In person, at the Zoo Information Point. To get an individual card, you just need to bring your ID card (DNI in Spain) and your bank data for future contract renewals. For family memberships, bring the ID cards of the parents and your Spanish Family Book.
- Through the Zoo website. Given that this is a promotion, you will have to wait 24 hours (maximum) to be able to enter the Zoo, until you receive your card by post.
If I sign up today, will the card be valid for the next 12 months or only until December?
The Zoo Club card is valid for 12 months from the registration date.
If I sign up to be a Zoo Club member by Internet, can I enter the Zoo tomorrow as a member?
Starting 24 h after signing up over the Internet, you can come to the Zoo (ticket office on Carrer Wellington) to pick up your cards (indispensable to access the Zoo) and sign the Zoo Club contract. Don't forget to bring all the documentation required to process the new membership.
How do I cancel my Zoo Club membership?
You can cancel your Zoo Club membership by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) through this web page, indicating the member number, name and surname(s) and ID card number (DNI in Spain) of the cardholder. Your request will be valid starting on the card’s expiration date.
Can I enter the Zoo if I forgot my Zoo Club card?
You must present your membership card to access the grounds. If you lose it, you will have to request a duplicate, which has a cost of 2,25€